Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thankfullness...!

Well, a dear sweet bloggy-spiritual-mama-to-many encouraged us to write a Thanksgiving post.
At first I actually wasn't going to.
Not that I am not thankful for many things, 
but I just didn't feel like it...

Plain.and.simple.

Then God brought the story of the Israelites to my heart...
so many times God told them to set up altars to mark God's faithfulness.



So here I am...
going to set up some altars declaring His faithfulness in what He has done
and secure in the promise for what He has promised He will do.

First and foremost, I am thankful to my Savior who loved me
when I didn't even know who He was.  Who called me out and touched my life -
not because I deserved it in any way...
but because He loved me so much He wanted me to be with him...



I am thankful for my husband that I was blessed with!
Not that our life has ever been perfect,
but I know that he is who my savior called me to be with
and that He is and always will be the center of our lives...



I am in wonder that my savior has blessed the deepest desire of my heart - to be a mother.
He took an area of my life that brought me pain and shame and made me a mom
to my step-children,
my bio children,
and now to these precious foster children
that He has entrusted me with... I still sit in awe!



For the provision that He makes in my life on a daily basis....
for the lessons learned -
sometimes gently,
sometimes not -
but always cherished along the pathway.



I am immensely thankful for the body of believers He has allowed me to be a part of -
my precious church family,
for all of our lessons learned together
and the growth we are still progressing through...
thankful that beyond all - He is Lord of it all.

I cannot begin to touch on my thankfulness for His mercy,
His long-suffering,
His love that NEVER fails,
His truths that have no end...

To my Savior, my All - it is all for YOU!

Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment