Monday, November 5, 2012

Learning to Set (and Receive) Limits

Ok - Let's face it, we all want to be "in control" of our own lives.  But we never even consider the cost of that control.

Just to be transparent for a bit... being a parent is hard.  And I don't think I would have one single parent disagree with that statement.

Being a FOSTER parent, however, has got to be the hardest thing that God has ever called me to do.  We all know through our christian walk the saying that "our lives are not our own" refers to the fact that we were purchased by the blood and now we are in forever debt to serve Him.  And serve Him well!

Fostering has brought about an even deeper challenge.  With many, many more people involved in their lives, each of them needing reports, phone conversations, visitations, appointments, and meetings... our lives here on the homefront (which were already exceedingly busy) have just tumbled and tossed in the wind.
God has been laying a challenge before me often these days... are my days really dedicated to Him and His call for me to fulfill?  What do I spend most of my time doing?  What is most important to me?  What is most important to Him?

There is only one thing that He has commanded and that should be my life goal.  Everything else should be secondary.  Schedules and meetings and visitations and chaos will all pass away.  Only what we do IN HIM remains.


Did we serve Him?  Do we touch others with His touch?  Do we focus more on ourselves than we do on serving others for His glory?





Who needs our time?  Who needs our money?  Who needs a touch of Jesus here on earth that they will never experience without us stepping out in faith?

Thank you, Lord for opening up my eyes.  Help me, as I begin to pare my life down to my single purpose.




No comments:

Post a Comment