Saturday, March 17, 2012

Keeping My Eyes (and heart) on His Calling...

In my quiet time with Him, I frequently tell God what I feel I can't do.  I don't know why I feel the need to keep telling Him.  He knows my shortcomings quite well - and loves me and calls me despite them.  He is growing me so much - I can't even begin to express.

Having these extra little ones here (especially on my souped-up work schedule right now) has been a tough adjustment on the family.  Down time (and I barely had any before) is down to nothing.  Private time anywhere in the house is non-existent.  Our kids are adjusting as well - sometimes embracing and sometimes feeling frustrated with their new adjusted roles in the family unit.   YET - there is something so right with the whole thing.  Being in line with our calling from Him is just so "right".  No other way I can put it.  Jesus never told us this was going to be easy - just that He would be there - giving us strength and encouragement all the way.

I pray for our hearts often - that He would allow us to find the balance between falling in love with our fosters and guarding our hearts for when they are reunited with their family.  Such a difficult line to walk. 

Thank you, Lord for helping us reach Your children!

No comments:

Post a Comment