Saturday, March 15, 2014

The Next Hurdle...

Each step that God brings us to
gives me more and more hope that our time
to call her "ours" is coming closer.

So as we tread through these difficult days
we praise Him for every little hurdle.


COURT

Yes- that word.
again.

*sigh*

We have been down there so many times now
we have a favorite parking spot
know the timing of the drive
know exactly where to go
and know where we "usually" go to grab lunch.

It has become way too familiar.
 But has been worth every mile.

This coming Tuesday is one of the next major steps.

As complicated as it might seem - 
Amara's father of record
(even though the DNA test showed that he was Aiyana's
father and not Amara's... yes, twin half-sisters...!)
has asked to meet with us.

From what we are told, 
he wants to meet us to make sure
his girls will be loved and cared for.

No problem!

But as I meditated about the day
I found some ugliness in my heart
in regards to this father.

Funny how He uses these moments...
:o)

I found myself resentful of this father
who beat and shook these girls within an inch of their lives
and now wanted a say in their care to make sure
that they were loved and cared for.

I know it is justified for me to resent him.
But we are called in Christ to a higher stance.

So - pray for me that I would grow through this process
and that He would teach me to love as He loves.

Even the unlovable.
Even the abusive.
Even the untrustowrthy.
Even those that don't deserve His love.


Just like I don't deserve it.

But He offers it just the same.

Now that God has shown me my heart in this matter
He has challenged me to pray for these parents
for their healing in Him.

Please join me in prayer that this father does the right thing
and surrender the girls to us.
Pray for grace and favor to follow us through yet another court day.

He alone will receive all the glory and praise!
    


 

No comments:

Post a Comment