Sunday, March 3, 2013

Ouch!

I know I have been missing here...
I have been missing a lot of places lately it seems.

I do know that God is doing something in my world.

Something life-altering.

Something faith-altering.


It would seem (from the outside of my bubble) 
that things have "settled down" over here. 

The Deweys have moved on to be with family.
Amara is settling in nicely.
We were blessed with a new grandbaby "Faye"(!)

Yet...
nothing feels settled.




God is doing a pruning in me.
...and any person who has walked with the Lord
KNOWS what a pruning feels like.

N.O.T. F.U.N.
*sigh*

Yet I know that it is for MY growth that He prunes.
It is my job (as an instrument for Him) 
to submit to the pruning.


snip!
There goes a ministry that I loved serving under...

snip!
Another activity that I must surrender...

snip!
A beloved time away that I am not doing...

snip!
Friendships and acquaintances told to cease...
 

So - as I continue to try and press in to Him...
I surrender...to His pruning.

My ultimate (and only true) goal is to be used by Him.
To produce GOOD FRUIT for His kingdom.


We know there is someone else coming...
We are praying for their safety...
until they are found and brought out.

But in the waiting... He is growing me.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment